Have you ever dreamt of having a perfectly straight smile? Yes? We thought so!
Now what if we told you that you could achieve the ultimate ‘‘Hollywood’’ smile without anyone ever knowing you’ve worn a brace? Aptly named, ‘hidden’ lingual braces could be the ideal solution for you. Also known as e-brace systems or, more commonly, Incognito braces, have become more and more popular in recent years, particularly with our Birmingham client base. Here’s why:
What exactly are Incognito braces?
Incognito braces look and function similarly to the traditional fixed metal brace BUT there is one major difference! Instead of fixing the braces to the front of the teeth, the braces are attached to the back of the teeth (on the tongue side of the mouth – also known as the lingual side). It’s this ‘‘Incognito’’ effect that makes them such a popular choice among adults in and around Birmingham who are perhaps self-conscious about wearing a brace for aesthetic, professional or personal reasons.
They offer a fantastic orthodontic solution for Birmingham locals looking for a discreet teeth straightening solution and Incognito braces can correct a variety of dental issues including crooked or overcrowded teeth, gaps between teeth or under/overbites.
How are lingual braces fitted?
Incognito braces are 100% customised to each individual and designed to deliver optimum results. At Orthodontics For You, before fitting any brace we invite all Birmingham-based patients to a free consultation where we assess their teeth before recommending an orthodontic treatment plan that will work well for them, whilst answering their burning questions around logistics, the process, commitment, costs and expected results, ultimately helping to put their mind at ease as their new smile is just a few steps away.
As you now know Incognito braces fit on the back of the teeth (closest to the tongue) and pull teeth “inwards” instead of pushing them like a traditional brace:
- Fitting a lingual brace involves cleaning and etching the inside of the teeth so that the brackets stick, before adding a primer to both the teeth and the braces to help with adhesion.
- After that, the orthodontist places specks of glue on the brackets and inserts them all at once using a special tray.
- The orthodontist will then use UV light to cure the glue to ensure the braces don’t move while you’re wearing them.
- Following that, your Birmingham dentist will remove the tray and then fit the wire to the brackets before tightening.
How long does the treatment take?
Treatment times vary between approximately 12 to 24 months with many patients starting to see results after only a matter of weeks. Throughout treatment (whilst you are wearing your brace), you will need to visit our Birmingham practice for your orthodontist to adjust/tighten the brace every six to eight weeks.
Once treatment finishes, you will need to wear retainers for around 4 to 12 months, similar to metal and ceramic braces (this could be all day, every day or just at night – your orthodontist will confirm once we have assessed the original condition and positioning of your teeth).
Birmingham braces: why are Incognito braces so popular?
Birmingham is a modern, cosmopolitan city and adult braces have become increasingly sought after across the UK, but lingual braces in particular are popular throughout large cities. Adults living in and around Birmingham who perhaps put off having dental treatment during their younger/teenage years are now discovering the benefits of hidden lingual braces. And we can see why – they offer a completely bespoke, subtle and virtually invisible solution to straightening teeth… what’s not to love?
- Virtually invisible: The most attractive selling point for most patients is the fact that Incognito lingual braces are invisible. You can smile, go on dates, apply for your dream job or eat in public without any worries about how your teeth look or what others think.
- 100% customised: Incognito braces are totally bespoke to each individual. Your brace will be designed specifically for you to achieve the perfect smile.
- Incredible results: Lingual braces are fixed braces which are capable of delivering incredible results, even in the most complex cases.
- Improved oral health: Orthodontic treatment is designed to boost confidence and create beautiful smiles, but they also improve oral health (by aligning the teeth and correcting issues with the bite, you will be able to clean your teeth properly, speak clearly and confidently and lower the risk of decay and oral infections).
Statistics from The British Orthodontic Society (BOS) suggest that 80% of orthodontists have experienced an increase in the number of adult patient since 2020. More than 60% of people said that they are more aware of adult braces while 15% admitted they had been influenced by social media personalities and celebrities.
One of the main reasons adults in Birmingham gravitate towards hidden lingual braces is the desire to have treatment without others knowing or being able to spot braces (that includes the brackets and wires!). With Incognito treatment, you can undergo treatment in secret!
Incognito braces in Birmingham: are they worth it?
Because Incognito braces are the only brace of its kind (sitting behind the teeth for maximum discretion), they do come with a bigger price tag than the traditional, less-subtle orthodontic options. But the good news is that there are ways to make treatment more affordable!
With Orthodontics For You, our Incognito treatment in Birmingham starts from £4,200 – this is a guide price for an adult private patient based on a single arch (lower or upper) and an average level of treatment complexity. If both arches require treatment, the overall cost will be higher (but not usually double).
We believe orthodontics should be an option for everyone in Birmingham who needs or wants treatment which is why we offer affordable treatment plans with various payment options including interest free payments. A new smile needn’t break the bank so take a look at our finance options for everything you need to know.
Incognito braces enable Birmingham adults to straighten their teeth without the hassle or stress of wearing visible braces. At Orthodontics For You, we want to help our patients enjoy fabulous smiles using targeted, tailored treatments that fit in with their lifestyles… and Incognito braces do just that!
If you thought braces were just for teenagers, we’ve got news for you! With Incognito braces Birmingham, you can achieve a stunning smile and, would you believe, without anyone ever knowing… we won’t tell if you won’t!
If you’re looking for customised treatment that will provide you with the smile you’ve always dreamt of, why not contact us today? You’ll be in good hands as at the beginning of 2022 our Practice Principle, Mark Forty, was named as one of the most experienced Incognito Practitioners in the UK.